Where to find: drug stores, some department stores
Price: about $30

I was at Shoppers Drug Mart the other week, and on a whim, I decided to buy Vichy Dermablend Concealer. (I'm usually a lot better disciplined and wait until days where SDM offers bonus points for their Optimum cardholders).

The $28 pricepoint did put a dent in the pocket, but I'm happy to say that my was it worth it! Vichy Concealer promises 16 hour coverage and it delivers. I've used it on my break-outs and usually depending on the stage of the break-out, especially during the early stages when the trouble area is a bit more oily, any type of concealer tends to slide off. I've tried Boing by Benefit, MAC Studiofix, Make-up Forever's Cream Palette

You just need a tiny amount for blemishes - literally a small dot-size. I squeeze this tiny amount onto the back of my left hand and then I use either a q-tip or a concealer brush to apply to the problem break-out area. The, I use a light dab of loose powder to lock the concealer in place.

For using this under the eyes, I recommend mixing it with a tiny bit of lotion to loosen up the thick consistency. Otherwise, the formula looks too thick and cakey for the delicate under eye area.

Photo courtesy of Vichy

Posted by Rhia Amio, Make-up Artist www.artistrhi.com | 3:19 PM | , , , , , , , , , | 4 comments »

4 comments

  1. Anonymous // January 28, 2009 at 11:40 PM  

    Hi! I was googling for cheap brushes around Toronto which lead me to your site. I absolutely love all the information in your blog! And I just have to raise both my hands in agreement when it comes to Vichy concealer. This is the best I've ever tried. I use it to hide age spots and lessen the redness cause by visible nerves on the cheeks. Like you, I just could pass the chance to buy this when SDM went on sale. :)

    Btw, on the side, I'm interested with the Crown brushes you mentioned in your other posts. Do you order online and have them shipped here in Canada? Thanks!

    Wanda
    yangtanw at gmail dot com

  2. Rhia Amio, Make-up Artist www.artistrhi.com // March 4, 2009 at 8:58 PM  

    hi Wanda!

    I actually purchased mine in person at the Canadian Make-up Show in Toronto last year. Where in Canada are you? There's a CMS coming to Vancouver soon

    But there's also Industry Cosmetics (http://www.industrycosmetics.com) if you wanted to try before buying (I always like to!) Good luck and sorry for the delay in responding!

    Rhia

  3. Anonymous // March 11, 2009 at 3:46 AM  

    I really appreciate your review on this product, and I'm excited i stumbled upon your blog! It looks very fun and informative.

    I do have a question on this concealer. I would love to purchase it, but I'm unsure which shade to get. I'm asian, but not with pale light skin, yet not exactly considered dark. Just very typical chinese. Would you recommend the light, or the nude? For concealers, is it safer to go lighter or darker, or are either bad? Thanks!

    -nudeface

  4. Rhia Amio, Make-up Artist www.artistrhi.com // March 26, 2009 at 1:13 AM  

    hi nudeface!

    Check out this post in response to your question: http://artistrhi.blogspot.com/2009/03/q-vichy-dermablend-concealer-how-do-i.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails